Cal Poly has been a Drupal campus since 2009
Drupal (pronounced "drew-pull") is an open source Web Content Management System (WCMS) that allows users to easily organize, publish and manage a large variety of content on a website. We currently have 120 Drupal 6 sites and 20+ Drupal 7 sites.
Why use Drupal for your website?
- Drupal is Cal Poly's centrally supported Web technology, run by the Application Development and Integration team.
- Hosting and support are free. We do charge for migration and design services, or we can teach you to do them yourself.
- We provide user guides and monthly workshops to help you learn to use it.
- We can help get you in. Hire a student to design a brand new site or migrate your existing content.
- Web-based software means you can access it from any web browser, without the need for specialized software or learning Dreamweaver.
- Keep your website within the Cal Poly branding standards.
- Features such as versioning, RSS feeds, an easy to use WSYWIG editor, rotating home page images, and the webforms and widgets modules make building your site easy.
- Delegate access to sections or pages of your site while maintaining control of style and navigation.
- Sites are hosted on secure servers and backed up nightly.
- Not convinced? Email email@example.com to schedule a demo.
- Over 150 websites are currently in Drupal, and more are being built every day, so chances are one of your colleages is already using it.