What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source Web Content Management System (WCMS) that allows users to easily organize, publish and manage a large variety of content on a website. More Information about Drupal.
Why use Drupal for your website?
- Drupal is Cal Poly's centrally supported Web technology.
- It's web-based software, so you can access it from any computer's web browser and don't need to install, purchase, or learn to use Dreamweaver.
- Keep your website within the Cal Poly branding standards.
- Information Services provides user guides and monthly workshops to help you learn to use it.
- Features such as versioning, an easy to use WSYWIG editor, rotating home page images, and the webforms and widgets modules make building your site easy.
- Delegate access to sections or pages of your site while maintaining control of style and navigation.
- Sites are hosted on ITS's secure VMWare servers and backed up nightly.
Are you convinced? Please fill out a Drupal Site request for any site you would like to move to or create in Drupal.