Drupal 7 Breadcrumbs
Drupal creates breadcrumbs based off of menus. These 5 steps will explain the easist way to create accurate breadcrumbs:
- Create a menu specifically for containing/listing links to be identified as breadcrumb items.
- Add a menu link for each node (page) that will need a breadcrumb on it.
- Order the links and indent them to show the path order (level) for each node.
- Enable the menu in Configure - Menu breadcrumb (make sure it is the only menu that is checked.
- Leave the menu block unassigned. i.e. don't assign the menu block to anywhere on the site, leave the region set to "None" by going to Structure - Blocks.
This example menu would create these breadcrumbs: