Note: This guide is dependent on Twitter's embedding services. The Drupal team will try to help you out if you run into problems, but keep in mind - much of this functionality is fully under Twitter's control.
Generating Twitter Embeds
- Visit Twitter's publishing site and enter the Twitter URL you would like to embed (such as a timeline). Hit the Enter key to continue.
- Twitter will show you your display options based on the type of URL you provided. Select one to continue.
- Optional: Click Set Customization Options to modify the style of your embed. Click Update when you're done customizing to commit your modifications.
- Copy the code that appears, and go to the Drupal page or block you want to place the embed on.
- If you're using a block, we recommend setting it to appear in the right sidebar region.
- Under CKEditor, change the text format of your page or block to CP Extended Filter. (This will NOT work in the default format CP Standard!).
- Enter the Source view of CKEditor on your page or block and paste the Twitter code where you would like the embed to appear.
- Save the page or block and you should be good to go!
Want to know more about Twitter embeds?
Check out the Twitter Development Documentation! Twitter even has a page on Embedded Timelines.